Only 1 Upstream Channel Locked, low upload, instability.

Antworten
gmaturano
Internet: 60

Only 1 Upstream Channel Locked, low upload, instability.

Beitrag von gmaturano » Fr 6. Jul 2018, 16:44

Hi,

I recently moved to Munich into a rented flat and noticed that the landlord had Pyur as ISP with speeds around 18Mbps Download and 1.5 Mbps Upload and very unstable. I asked for the landlord to upgrade to Pyur 200 what he did 2 weeks later. Well, first of all when the upgrade came they remotely disabled the wireless from the TC 7200.20. The speed right after the upgrade was ok (Download 200 and Upload 7-8 Mbps) but a few days later the instability is back.. trying to find the cause of the problem I found out that the TC 7200.20 has a strange behaviour: right after a reboot it locks 2 upstream channels and the upload speed is ok, a few moments later it keeps only 1 channel locked (Power +58 db) and the upload speed drops again to 2 Mbps. There is one splitter directly connected to the wall socket. All the tests are performed with ethernet connection directly to the TC 7200.20. Event Log is also showing some strange message which I don't know what it means. Any suggestion? Would a new cable modem solve this problem, like Fritzbox for example?
Dateianhänge
Event Log.jpg
Event Log.jpg (132.46 KiB) 3279 mal betrachtet
Right After Reboot.jpg
Right After Reboot.jpg (125.69 KiB) 3279 mal betrachtet
A minute after reboot.jpg
A minute after reboot.jpg (126.03 KiB) 3279 mal betrachtet

User1337

Re: Only 1 Upstream Channel Locked, low upload, instability.

Beitrag von User1337 » Fr 6. Jul 2018, 21:29

Hi gmaturano,

From what I know the power for the upstream channels is too hight which indicates a problem with the modem connection, the socket or the cabling behind the socket. Check the cable between the modem and the socket, best is to disconnect it on both sides and then reconnect and check it's connected firmly. If nothing changes you probably have to write to the pyur support (attach the pictures with the modem parameters). Usually they will then send a technician that will check everything and perform repairs as need.

gmaturano

Beitrag von gmaturano » Fr 6. Jul 2018, 21:52

Hi, many thanks for your reply.

The cable is very well connected, my doubt is regarding the splitter. Tomorrow I’ll receive a cable to connect directly to the socket without using the splitter to eliminate this doubt.

So, as I unserstood there is no reason to think about a new router.

Thanks again!

User1337

Beitrag von User1337 » Fr 6. Jul 2018, 22:41

What type of splitter do you have there? Depending on what it is this may or may not be the problem. Usually you shouldn't add anything between the wall socket and the modem. If you have an old type of socket (the one with only two holes for connectors) you need an adapter that converts the two holes to three. You have to connect the modem to the one connector with the thread (called F connector). The other two holes are for radio and TV connection and to not have a thread. You shoudn't connect your modem to these ports.

Do you have another socket in you flat? If yes you could connect the modem there and see if it makes a difference.

gmaturano

Beitrag von gmaturano » Sa 7. Jul 2018, 09:08

Thanks again for your help.

So, here is a picture of the wall socket, it has to cables arriving on it, one of them is being splitted for data and tv, the other one is not being used (I'm curious to know what is it for).

I found a second wall socket, will test it later today.
Dateianhänge
Wall Socket.jpg
Wall Socket
Wall Socket.jpg (85.18 KiB) 3193 mal betrachtet
Splitter.jpg
Splitter
Splitter.jpg (54.27 KiB) 3193 mal betrachtet

User1337

Beitrag von User1337 » Sa 7. Jul 2018, 18:13

The connection looks good. One of the internal cables is the cable with the incoming signal and the other goes to the next socket (they are connected in series). The free connector on you picture is for connection of a FM radio receiver (87.5 MHz to 108 MHz).

The Splitter also looks fine, I would say the cables are all connected as they should be.

gmaturano

Beitrag von gmaturano » So 8. Jul 2018, 13:38

Hi, thanks again for your help!

So, I found a second socket (o think it's the final one because it has only one cable, right?), I connected the modem on it and the behaviour is the same, only one upstream channel and Power +58.2.

I tested a few of different combinations of cables and splitters but it doesn't change anything.

It is a bad situation because I don't wan't to keep bothering the landlord about internet connection but it is his contract in the end, I think cannot contact the internet provider myself.

I found a telefone jack and I'm wondering if Telekom broadband would use this jacket so I could contact Telekom myself and contract them, do you know if this is possible?

Thanks a lot!!
Dateianhänge
IMG_1930.jpg
Second socket
IMG_1930.jpg (97.42 KiB) 3130 mal betrachtet

User1337

Beitrag von User1337 » Mo 9. Jul 2018, 00:13

Yes, exactly. This is the last socket.

You could contact the pyur support and tell them about your situation and ask if they need your landlord to report or if it's also fine if you report to them.

Usually you can also get an Internet connection from the telephone socket. You should be able to check online if it's possible and what connection speeds are available. The line is usually by Telekom, but there also other providers that use the same line and offer different contracts.

Antworten